Data protection information on the processing of personal data as part of your application for a professorship at the University of Bayreuth
In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data in the context of appointment procedures at the University of Bayreuth in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) and ensure at the same time compliance with all relevant legal provisions when carrying out appointment procedures with the help of the online appointment platform.
3. The protection and security of applicants’ personal data in appointment procedures is given the greatest attention and importance. Your personal data is covered by data protection. The purpose of the data collection is to enable a legal examination of your application within the appointment process. For this purpose, we store all data provided by you within the scope of your application. It will only be collected to the extent that it is necessary for the appointment process. When submitting your application, you will be requested to provide some mandatory information, provided this is of central importance and therefore indispensable for assessing your personal and professional suitability for the advertised professorship. At the same time, you have the option of voluntarily providing further information and additional details. You are responsible for the accuracy of your information. You have the right to access your data at any time. With the exception of your address data and the title, changes or corrections are no longer possible after the application has been sent. The "subsequent submissions" function enables you to notify us of important changes at any time.
On the basis of the data provided in the application, we will check whether you can be invited for an appointment visit and to give a talk as part of the selection process. In the case of applicants who are generally suitable, we then collect certain other personal data that is essential for the selection decision. If you are eligible for recruitment, you will be separately informed of the personal data to be collected during the hiring process.
The legal basis for collecting and processing data is article 6 para 1 sentence 1 item b of GDPR, article 9 para 2 items b and h of GDPR, article 88 para 1 of GDPR, and article 8 para 1 sentence 1 numbers 2 and 3 of BayDSG.
4. The system only enables the statistical evaluation of applicant data for analysis in anonymous form. Inferring your person in this context is impossible.
If your personal data is processed and stored electronically, the technical operation of our data processing systems is carried out by the state computer centres and the State Tax Office as a data processor.
5. In strict observance of the principle of earmarked data use, it is hereby assured that your data will be used exclusively for the execution of the appointment procedure. Your personal data and application documents are exclusively accessible to authorized persons and the parties involved in the appointment procedure. Passing information on to third parties only occurs in the case of a review. All parties involved in the appointment process are bound to secrecy and to observe data protection. We temporarily store your personal data obtained during the application process.
In the event of an unsuccessful application or its withdrawal, we will destroy the data you submitted in the application no later than six months after notification of the rejection.
If you are hired, you will be informed separately about the valid regulations for the handling of your personal data, in particular with regard to the creation of personnel files, see also No. 3.
6. Data transfer is carried out by means of SSL security processes (Secure Socket Layer) and in connection with a 256-bit encryption. The servers are carefully backed up on a regular basis.
An external service provider (ISO certification 01 100 061961) has been commissioned for the technical support and maintenance of the system and contract data processing. Selection of the service providers along with the system administrators authorized to access the system in individual cases and exclusively for this purpose was carried out with the greatest care.
The University has taken all technical and organisational measures to protect your data and protects them in particular against access by third parties or unauthorized persons.
7. Collection of data requires your express consent. By clicking on the relevant field and submitting your application ("send" button), you confirm that you have taken note of this data protection information and agree to the collection, storage, and use of your data for the specified purposes.
8. We would also like to inform you of your rights under the GDPR:
If your personal data is processed, you have the right to obtain information about the data stored about your person (article 15 of DSGVO).
Should inaccurate personal data be processed, you have the right to correct it (article 16 of GDPR).
If the legal requirements are met, you can request the deletion or restriction of the processing and file an objection against the processing (articles 17, 18, and 21 para 1 of GDPR).
Furthermore, there is a right of appeal to the Bavarian Data Protection Commissioner. Contacting Bavaria's Data Protection Commissioner:
Bavarian Data Protection Commissioner (BayLfD), Wagmüllerstr. 18, 80538 München
If you exercise the above rights, the University of Bayreuth will check whether the corresponding legal requirements have been met.
You have the right to revoke your consent to data processing at any time and without giving reasons for doing so. If deletion of the application data is requested during the application process, this will be considered as withdrawal of the application.